About Gail SokolChef, Author, Educator
Author of one of the most popular textbooks on baking, in use at high schools, colleges and universities throughout the world, Gail Sokol makes baking easy and approachable for people of all skill levels.
Chef Gail Sokol has been a featured speaker and guest chef throughout the United States and has appeared on television, radio and featured in print. Gail served as a member of the faculty of Schenectady County Community College in Schenectady, NY, for 16 years teaching Baking, Nutrition and Sanitation. Gail has also served as a faculty member in the Nutrition Department at The Sage Colleges in Troy, NY, teaching Food Science and Quantity Foods. Gail has won numerous culinary awards and professional chef competitions throughout her career.
“I’m so excited to share my passion for baking and the treasured recipes that I have developed throughout my career as a professional chef and educator. My goal is to demystify the baking process so that creating amazing desserts at home is both easy and fun, even if you have never baked before!” said Gail Sokol.
Gail’s new book Baking With Success is available now as a Hardcover, Paperback and eBook at independent bookstores and national retailers such as Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, Apple iBooks and the Google Play Store.
For upcoming events and classes as well as free recipies and step-by-step videos, make sure to join Gail Sokol’s email list!
Awards, Reconitions & Honors Include:
- About Professional Baking was a finalist in the IACP Cookbook Awards for 2007
- Appeared on A Chef’s Table with Chef Jim Coleman on National Public Radio 2/07
- Price Chopper Baking Demonstrations Holiday Baking and Super Bowl Baking 11/06 and 1/07
- Appeared on Feed Your Brain with Chef Gail Sokol a children’s television series via the Upper Hudson Library System and Time Warner Cable, 2007
- Demonstrations for Temple Gates of Heaven’s Food Festival 2005-2007
- Assistant Chef to Zarela Martinez, Zarela’s La Cocina Vera Cruzana Cooking Series, American Public Television, 4/01
- Judge, Vo-Tec High School Cooking Competition, Schenectady County Community College, 3/01
- Weekly radio: “The Healthy Chef”, M&T Modem Medicine, WPTR-1540AM, Saturdays, 2000-2001
- Demonstrated making Fettuccine Alfredo on Schenectady Today program, Public Access Cable, 9/00
- Demonstrated making Corn Boats on Capital Region Cooks program for WMHT TV, 8/00
- Assistant Chef, 13 episodes of the Dom DeLuise Cooking Show, WMHT-TV, 7/00
- Demonstrated making Chocolate Hazelnut Shortcake on WNYT-TV News cooking segment, 6/00
- Demonstrated making Fruit Tarts on Schenectady Today Program, Public Access Cable, 6/00
- Demonstrated making Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes on WTEN-TV News cooking segment, 6/00
- Won Best Culinary Show Competition for cold food preparation in garde manger work, 4/00
- Demonstrated making Cream Puff Swans on WTEN-TV News cooking segment, 4/00
- Won 2nd Place for Chocolate Caramel Torte at Chocolate Festival to benefit Equinox, 3/00 (ACF)
- Created Cream Puff Swans on a ganache pond demonstration for Chocolate Festival, 3/00 (ACF)
- Created desserts for the Chaine des Rotisseurs dinner at Carmine’s, 2/00
- Baked Peach Cobbler on Carmine’s Table for SCCC featured on Time Warner Cable, 12/99
- 2nd Place Gold Medal for Trio of Desserts at Culinary Cornucopia to benefit Living Resources, 11/99 (ACF)
- Won Best Culinary Show Competition for hot food preparation in garde manger work, 11/99
- Created a Chocolate Truffle demonstration for 1999 Chocolate Festival to benefit Equinox, 3/99
- 1st Place for Rosemary Olive Bread at Cuisine Magic to benefit Eddy Foundation, 1/99 (ACF)
- 1st Place Gold Medal for Trio of Desserts at Culinary Cornucopia to benefit Living Resources, 10/98 (ACF)
- Demonstrated making an Apple Cake on Capital Region Cooks program for WMHT TV, 8/98
- 1st Place for Chocolate Turtle Truffle Torte at Chocolate Festival to benefit Equinox, 3/98 (ACF