The last episode of the series explores exactly what occurs when yeast bread goes into the oven to bake. Learn whether or not your bread needs a wash brushed over it before baking, and find out what washes are made of. Discover how yeast bread develops their structure, and what happens to the proteins and starches within the dough to create that structure. Proper cooling is discussed as well as proper storage techniques to prevent staling.
- Hear All About How to Make My Pumpkin Spice Baked Alaska on WAMC Radio Friday 11/8 from 2-3PM on Food Friday!
- Happy Halloween: Biting your Fingers Should Always Taste This Good
- Baking: How To Lighten Things Up
- Baking With The Magnificent Mango
- Baking Radio Episode 47: One Brownie Recipe, Four Delicious Variations